RBT reserve the right to refuse all refunds following a 14 day cooling off period. RBT will have no obligation to accept any returns after 14 days from the date of purchase.
However, in compliance with EU trading laws, exceptions will be made for any product deemed defective or falling below the appropriate standard of safety expected from a consumer.
In accordance with the EU Product Liability Directive, RBT will not be liable if the following can be established:
- RBT did not put the product into circulation.
- Having regard to the circumstances, it is probable that the defect that caused the damage did not exist at the time when RBT put the product into circulation or that the defect came into being afterwards.
- RBT did not manufacture the product for sale or any form of distribution for economic purposes, or manufacture or distribute the product in the course of its business.
- The defect in question is due to compliance with mandatory regulations issued by public authorities.
- The state of scientific and technical knowledge at the time when RBT put the product into circulation was not such as to enable the discovery of a defect (also known as the development risks defence).
- In the case of a manufacturer of a component, the defect is attributable to the design of the product in which the component has been fitted or to the instructions given by the manufacturer of the product.
If RBT can show that the damage or injury was caused in part by the negligence of the customer, this can severely mitigate any potential liability exposure.
RBT will therefore only guarantee a full refund for defective or faulty items provided that customers can establish a defect in the product sold. Upon receipt of the returned product, RBT will fully examine it. Customers will be notified via email within a reasonable period of time on whether they are entitled to a full refund or replacement as a result of the defect. Should a customer be entitled to a refund or replacement, RBT will replace the product or refund the purchase price, using the original method of payment. Customers should be advised that it can take some time for bank or credit card company’s to process and post any refund.
All customers must take note that refunds do not include any shipping and handling charges shown on the packaging slip or invoice. Shipping charges for all returns must be prepaid and insured by the customer. Customers will be held responsible for any loss or damage to any returned product shipment. RBT do not guarantee the receival of any returned item. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable either. Any amounts refunded will therefore not include the cost of shipping.